Friday 5 March 2010

Raise your energy level

  1. Get your Zeds.
    Get at least eight hours of restful sleep.

    Put yourself on a regular sleep programme. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Once your body is accustomed to this rhythm, you should feel 'awake' when you're awake and 'sleepy' when it's time to sleep. Even if you have an occasional late night, getting up at the same time the next day shouldn't be a problem.

  2. Cut down on refined carbohydrates.
    I truly believe that excessive carbohydrates are the culprit. Bread, rice, potatoes and pasta can make you feel run-down and sluggish. You don't have to cut them out completely, just limit them to a few times a week.

  3. Snack Right.
    Cut out snacks that are high in carbohydrates and sugar.

    You don't have to eliminate the snacks, just substitute the refined sugar snacks and junk foods with more healthy fibre-rich foods like low-fat or fat-free microwave popcorn.

  4. Exercise.
    I notice that when I don't go to the gym I am extremely tired. If you start exercising, you'll be surprised how much it will increase your energy level.

    If you start walking or exercising regularly, your energy level will increase in a short amount of time.

    Nothing, and I mean nothing, boosts my energy like an hour of vigorous exercise including aerobic exercise and weight training.

    Make sure you are getting enough exercise. It helps you sleep better and wake up in the morning feeling refreshed.

  5. Cut out caffeine.
    Last year I eliminated caffeine from my diet. After about three weeks, I had more energy than I could have ever imagined. Now, every morning I get up at 6 or 7 without my alarm clock and I don't feel tired. I sleep better at night and no longer yawn at work. It takes a while to get over the caffeine withdrawal, but it is definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment