Monday 6 September 2010

Focus And Attitude - Do I have what it takes?

Focus And Attitude - Do I have what it takes?

I really wondered if I had the skill and knowledge to create a site that people would visit.

  • I knew there were many, many digital artists and digital imagers who could create incredible images with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and Painter. They were way out of my league - hey - I'm just the little guy doing the best I can.

  • I also knew there was another huge group of people (newbies) who were just getting started and were searching for well presented, basic information about digital imaging.

  • I was about average in my knowledge of all things to do with digital imaging and you know what that meant? It meant that 50% of the digital imagers were way beyond me in terms of artistic ability and it also meant that 50% were not nearly as proficient as me.

  • I focus my efforts on the 50% who are not as proficient as me and that is an enormous number of people who are potential site visitors!

  • Those folks are now my traffic numbers and they are the ones who create my revenue.

  • So if you’re hesitating about setting up your own website because you’re thinking “there are so many people out there who know so much more than me” - forget it - focus on the people who are striving to be as proficient as you are in the field that is of interest to you.

It’s that simple and it’s only a way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment