Tuesday 14 September 2010

influence map

I've been asked a couple of times if I've ever had art blocks and what I do to get rid of it. It's not often that I get art blocks because I pull my inspiration from things that influence my work. So I have lists and folders of art, movies, photographs and music that inspires me so if I ever find myself with nothing to draw I just go through the list and folders and get inspiration from it.

Artists should always have something or someone that influences them to create art. Many artists today are influenced by animation artists like Chris Sanders who was influenced by Bill Watterson who was influenced by Charles Shulz (1922-2000) who was influenced by Bill Mauldin (1921-2003) who was influenced by Milton Caniff (1907-1988). The point is artists shouldn't just rely on trying to create something so original that no one has seen it before, they should take inspiration from great artists before them and combine it with their own style turning it into something that's unique and different. And also the more influences the better.

There's a ton of other thing that I'm influenced by that couldn't fit in the map without making everything look like a satellite picture of tiny city buildings. So here are just a few things that I look at that influences my work.

oh, well, meme time... I didnt include movies (Aliens, The good the bad and the ugly, Akira, etc), music (U2, Pink floyd, Jarre, yoko kanno, horner, Therion, fairyland, moby, lucassen, etc) more cartoons/animes (Saint Seiya, Cowboy bebop, Avatar, Samurai champloo, Remi, Speed Grapher, Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, Transformers, Michiko to hatchin, etc) more artist (Pat Lee, Raneman , Akiman, Quitely, Middleton, Jon Bogdanove, Grumet, Meriggi, Casiolli, Altuna, Otomo, Segrelles, Katsura, Saichann, Breccia) or games (final fantasy, wild arms, samurai showdown, Darkstalkers, chrono cross, shadow of the colosus/ico, etc) ... mostly cause IT HAVE NO MORE SPACE!!!... and maybe could be boring, like a supermarket list ... at the beginning the compo was pretty but then "NO SPACE" attack and well, the compo goes to hell

oh, well, thanks to the artists for the inspiration, I´m a fan too... yeah, art can be fun

First 1/3:
Hyung Tae Kim - Megaman - Robotech/Macross - Frazetta - Thundercats - The Last Unicorn - Bastard!!/kazushi Hagiwara

Second 1/3:

Masamune Shirow - Noboteru Yuuki/Escaflowne - Zelda/Yusuke Nakano (and the artist on nintendo)- Daisuke Ishiwatari/Guilty Gear - Yoshiyuki Sadamoto/Evangelion - TMNT (the old cartoon) - The Real Ghostbusters

Third 1/3:

Naoki Yamamoto/Dance till tomorrow - Word of warcraft/Blizzard (and all the artists there) - Soul Calibur - Silent Hill - Ishikawa Fumi/Suikoden 2 - Castlevania (and the artist on konami) - Bengus/Capcom (and all the artists there) - HR Giger/Alien - Quique Alcatena

My influence!
i luv cute things!
they're my idol and always give me inspiration
from left to right on ther top

Tetsuya Nomura : not talk to much about him i think you know him if you're square-enix fans ^_^
Kaninnvven : she's really amazing artist [link] link in DA
Nardack : my idol!! i found her work last year and falling in love color details and concept are perfect!~ >w< [link] DA link

Cuteg : another Korean artist clean and cute line art!~
Kazuki Yone : Yone-sensei who draw a fantastic CG in Hakuoki game it's otome game
Pako : He's the man who draw a guy very very handsome! i always luv the posture and compose
Yokoyan : Illustrator of Sound horizon ^_^
Nayu : Great Vocaloid picture lol

Kazukabe Akira : Super Moe boy!if you like tales series you shouldn't miss manga tales of destiny director cut that she draw
Einlee : Ein i luv you! >3<
Kazuaki : good Anotomy and color style i luv starry sky!~
Yamamoto Kana : cool KHR doujinshi she's draw very handsome guys >w< recommend to read her manga name's Di[e]ce
Puchi-devil : cute cute and cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment