Saturday 23 April 2011

readings

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/samples/samplespeechhome.aspx

Blessing For A Marriage

May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you also patience, tolerance, and understanding.

May you always need one another - not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you to know your fullness. A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less, but more; and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it. So let it be with you and you.

May you need one another, but not out of weakness.
May you want one another, but not out of lack.
May you entice one another, but not compel one another.
May you embrace one another, but not out encircle one another.
May you succeed in all important ways with one another, and not fail in the little graces.
May you look for things to praise, often say, "I love you!" and take no notice of small faults.

If you have quarrels that push you apart, may both of you hope to have good sense enough to take the first step back.

May you enter into the mystery which is the awareness of one another's presence - no more physical than spiritual, warm and near when you are side by side, and warm and near when you are in separate rooms or even distant cities.
May you have happiness, and may you find it making one another happy.
May you have love, and may you find it loving one another!




Marriage is the greatest happiness of all

In a marriage, two people become as one,
Yet they are individuals,
Each with their own ideas and goals.
In a marriage, two people share their thoughts,
They give advice, sharing their feelings,
Being open and loving.
They must trust each other and hold onto faith,
While going through ups and downs.
They have their smiles,
and they have their tears.
When one is low, it is up to the other to support
Them, to get them back on the right track.
Communications is the key.
Two people united learn so much.
They learn to depend yet be independent,
Sometimes letting each other have time to themselves.
They care for each other and protect;
They make a family and become a lifeline.
They bring their dreams, their future,
Loving and growing together.
With their commitment and true love,



What is a Soul Mate?



If you have found a smile

that is the sweetest one you've known,

If you have heard, within a voice,

the echoes of your own,

If you have felt a touch

that stirs the longings of your heart,

And still can feel that closeness

in the moments you're apart,

If you have filled with wonder

at the way two lives can blend.

To weave a perfect pattern

that is seamless, end to end,

If you believe some things in life

are simply meant to be,

Then you have found your soul mate,

your heart's own destiny.

Today's a Day of Love Not Just for Us

By Giovanni Bassano.
Today's a day of love not just for us,
But for all of those who brought us here.
So please excuse us if we make a fuss
Over you, the ones we hold most dear.
In you we see the love we replicate
By joining on this day our separate lives.
Our choice was neither accident nor fate,
But homage to good husbands and sweet wives.
We hope to make a family just like yours,
And be to our children parents much like you.
You have been to us wide-open doors
Onto a serene and peaceful view.
We look to you with gratitude and pride.
What joy this day to have you at our side!



These I Can Promise

Author Unknown


I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold;
I cannot promise you an easy pathway
That leads away from change or growing old.

But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's ever true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.



I Will Be Here


If in the morning when you wake,
If the sun does not appear,
I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love,
Hold my hand and have no fear,
I will be here.

I will be here,
When you feel like being quiet,
When you need to speak your mind I will listen.
Through the winning, losing, and trying we'll be together,
And I will be here.
If in the morning when you wake,
If the future is unclear,
I will be here.
As sure as seasons were made for change,
Our lifetimes were made for years,
I will be here.

I will be here,
And you can cry on my shoulder,
When the mirror tells us we're older.
I will hold you, to watch you grow in beauty,
And tell you all the things you are to me.
We'll be together and I will be here.
I will be true to the promises I've made,
To you and to the one who gave you to me.
I will be here.
~Steven Curtis Chapman




"Today...”

I look into the eyes of my best friend
The one with whom I can share anything with
My deepest hopes and heart-filled dreams
Inner fears and sheltered insecurities
My most warming joys and overwhelming triumphs
All future journeys that I have left to encounter
This and more I know I can share with you
Today...
I take pride in my best friend
With admiration I look upon you and smile
For all that you are and all that you do that makes me so proud
Every part of you that I have come to adore
And for all those parts I have not yet learned

Today...
I share my soul to my best friend
My most prized possession which no other has been given
I give it with great confidence and trust
Because with you I am at peace and I know with you it is safe
You give to me a warmth that I keep with me always
And what else can I give to someone who has given me so much
For you have opened my eyes to see a love, which before you I was blind to
Today...
I am marrying my best friend



If
If you can always be as close
And as happy as today
Yet be secure enough to grow
And change along the way
If you can keep for you alone
Your love as man and wife
Yet find the time to share your joy
With others in your life
If you can be as one
And walk through marriage hand in hand,
Yet still support the goals and dreams
That each of you had planned
If you can dare to always go
Your separate ways together
Then all the wonder of today
Will stay with you forever.
Larry S Chengges




I Love You
I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I'm with you;
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but what you are making of me:
I love you for putting your hand into my heaped up heart and passing over all the foolish weak things you can't help dimly seeing there, and drawing out in the light all the beautiful belongings that no-one else had looked quite far enough to find.
I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life not a tavern but a temple, out of the work of my everyday life not a reproach but a song.
I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good and more happy than any fate could have done to make me happy.
You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sigh:
You have done it by being yourself and loving me.





On Your Wedding Day

(Author Unknown)


Today is a day you will always remember
The greatest in anyone's life
You'll start off the day just two people in love
And end it as Husband and Wife

It's a brand new beginning the start of a journey
With moments to cherish and treasure
And although there'll be times when you both disagree
These will surely be outweighed by pleasure

You'll have heard many words of advice in the past
When the secrets of marriage were spoken
But you know that the answers lie hidden inside
Where the bond of true love lies unbroken

So live happy forever as lovers and friends
It's the dawn of a new life for you
As you stand there together with love in your eyes
From the moment you whisper 'I do'

And with luck, all your hopes, and your dreams can be real
May success find it's way to your hearts
Tomorrow can bring you the greatest of joys
But today is the day it all starts.


MARRIAGE


Marriage is about giving and taking
And forging and forsaking
Kissing and loving and pushing and shoving
Caring and Sharing and screaming and swearing
About being together whatever the weather
About being driven to the end of your tether
About Sweetness and kindness
And wisdom and blindness
It's about being strong when you're feeling quite weak
It's about saying nothing when you're dying to speak
It's about being wrong when you know you are right
It's about giving in, before there's a fight
It's about you two living as cheaply as one
(you can give us a call if you know how that's done!)
Never heeding advice that was always well meant
Never counting the cost until it's all spent
And for you two today it's about to begin
And for all that the two of you had to put in
Some days filled with joy, and some days with sadness
Too late you'll discover that marriage is madness.



Wedding Poems

His hello was the end of her endings
Her laugh was their first step down the aisle
His hand would be hers to hold forever
His forever was as simple as her smile
An ocean couldn't prevent it
A New York minute wouldn't let it pass
Does the universe decide for us
Which love will fade and which will last?
He said she was what was missing
She said instantly she knew
She was a question to be answered
And his answer was, "I do".



Today

Today is a day you will always remember,
the greatest in anyone's life.

You'll start off the day just two people in love
and you'll end it as husband & wife

It's a brand new beginning, the start of a journey
with moments to cherish and treasure.

Although there'll be times when you both you disagree
These will surely be outweighed by pleasure

You'll have heard many words of advice in the past
When the secrets of marriage were spoken
But you know that the answers lie hidden inside
Where that bond of true love lies unbroken

So be happy forever as lovers and friends
today is the dream of a new life for you
as you stand there together with love in your eyes
from the moment you whisper 'I do'

With luck, all your hopes and your dreams can be real.
And May success find its way to your hearts.
Lets hope the future can bring you the greatest of joys
but today is the day it all starts.



The Art of Marriage

a good marriage must be created
in the marriage, the little things are the big things...
It is never being too old to hold hands
It is remembering to say 'I love you' at least once each day
It is never going to sleep angry
It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives
It is standing together and facing the world
It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family
It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget
It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow
It is a common search for the good and the beautiful
it is not only marrying the right person
It is being the right partner



Rock And Stone
This is a story of a rock and a stone
And a stream, and a rainfall, and not being alone.
In the land of this tale, in a mountain's shadow
Was a stream brisk and bending the swift water's flow.
On the bank of the stream, just beyond a great birch,
Was a rock, strong and sturdy, holding back clay and dirt.
Just below with the edge of the stream as its home,
Was a glimmering beauty, a shiny smooth stone.
To the rock, with its pride of supporting the earth,
A stone was not useful: it was without worth.
To the stone, with its beauty and lustering glory,
A rock was not pleasing and belonged in a quarry.
Yet the fear of the rock and the stone were the same.
Each dreaded the future, the day of great rain.
The rock might be dislodged and roll to stream's bottom.
The stone might be pushed into mud and forgotten.
The rainfall came quickly, as sometimes storms will,
The rock was dislodged, it rolled down the hill.
Stopping not under water, and without one moan
The rock came to rest upon the fine stone.
Stream became river; though waters enraged
The stone was not pushed to a dark muddy grave.
The rock safe yet wetted, the dirt now sprayed loose,
Still formed the bank, still had a use.
As sunshine returned the river to stream
Rock and stone together were seen.
Savior each was, and after that fright
Each saw the other in a new light.
The rock saw the stone as a rock ever more,
With beauty and strength supporting the shore.
The stone saw the rock as a stone from that day,
With strength and beauty under robe of clay.
Together they stayed, more shiny and strong
Than either had been by itself all along.
The story is told; the message you see
Is that you and I will be better as we.


Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Louis de Bernieres
Love is a temporary madness,
it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides.
And when it subsides you have to make a decision.
You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together
that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness,
it is not excitement,
it is not the promulgation of eternal passion.
That is just being "in love" which any fool can do.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,
and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground,
and when all the pretty blossom have fallen from their branches,
they find that they are one tree and not two.



When i hear you laugh


When we share a secret
When your eyes sparkle
When we're just us
When we don't have to talk
When i watch you sleeping
When you remember
When i don't have to explain

When you walk into the room
When we are in a crowd
When i am by myself
When you are just being you
When you make me giggle
When i hear your heart beat
When you reach for me

Even when you're not looking
That's when i love you.

and finally.....

Yes, I'll Marry You by Pam Ayres


Yes, I'll marry you, my dear,
And here's the reason why;
So I can push you out of bed
When the baby starts to cry,
And if we hear a knocking
And it's creepy and it's late,
I hand you the torch you see,
And you investigate.

Yes I'll marry you, my dear,
You may not apprehend it,
But when the tumble-drier goes
It's you that has to mend it,
You have to face the neighbour
Should our labrador attack him,
And if a drunkard fondles me
It's you that has to whack him.

Yes, I'll marry you,
You're virile and you're lean,
My house is like a pigsty
You can help to keep it clean.
That sexy little dinner
Which you served by candlelight,
As I do chipolatas,
You can cook it every night!

It's you who has to work the drill
and put up curtain track,
And when I've got PMT it's you who gets the flak,
I do see great advantages,
But none of them for you,
And so before you see the light,
I do, I do, I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment