Saturday 8 October 2011

7 don’ts – never late to know

How I wish that I learned these at kindergarten. I was/am enslaved to many of these habits blissfully unaware that these habits were causing long term damage to my body. In fact I fall prey to some of these habits even today . The good news is that now I am aware! & will eventually come out of these self damaging rituals. May be, “Top to Toe Don’ts” is a more apt title for this article.
Here are 7 Don’ts (Top to Toe)



Hair: Never use nails or comb to scratch your scalp. This will cause injury to the scalp & thus result in damage to hair. Use finger tips instead to rub the itching area mildly. This also doubles up as massage which helps to spread the natural oils in your scalp.
Teeth: Keeping too many tooth brushes in one cup, using a toothbrush protector (cover) or keeping tooth brush near to WC will all increase the bacteria in the tooth brush. Even keeping tooth brush inside a closed cabinet is not advisable as it increases bacterial growth.
Eyes: Never splash water directly into the eyes, ensure that the eyes are closed when splashing water. I had the tendency to wash face as soon as I get back home. It is advisable not to wash face when you are still sweating. One needs to wait till the body cools down to the natural temperature before washing face.
Lips: Never bite the lips (this makes you look like a nervous wreck or a buck toothed moron ) or use saliva to keep it moistened. I do agree that one should not let the lips go dry. If you are against chemical laced creams, try natural cream or wax.
Skin: One can overdo even a good habit & ultimately achieve the exact opposite of desired result. I have oily skin & am also very prone to acne. After being enlightened with the knowledge that washing face with pure water is a one stop solution to both my problems, I went overboard with it. I started washing my face 20-25 times a day. The results were shocking, the skin started cracking due to drying up of skin.
Stomach/ intestine: Loosening the belt after a heavy meal is flirting with danger. There is a good chance that the small intestine gets twisted in the process. Here is my friendly tip-Eat less! Don’t eat as if there is no tomorrow . It is also a myth that walking immediately after a meal is good for you. In fact this exercise does not allow our body to absorb the nutrients from the food.
Foot: This is almost like a ritual for me; I judiciously polish my shoes every day to that shining appearance on it. I do it with such vigor that I never felt the need for any other exercise to develop my biceps. After spending so much of time with the smart & shiny shoe it was inevitable that I fell in love with it & started wearing the same pair everyday to office. This was my biggest foot care error. One must alternate between two pairs of shoes. This gives sufficient time for each pair to dry out & also changes the specific pressure points that a shoe may have.
I recollect a story I heard long back; it was something about every part of the body fighting to prove that it is THE most important part. Fed up the senseless arguments, the ass hole shut itself up & every part suffered as a result. I guess it’s time to for me to shut up too !

No comments:

Post a Comment