Friday 7 October 2011

uni

I think it is important to mention are why you are interested in nutrition and health and to show that you have an understanding of what a dietitian does. Research the role of the dietitian (the British Dietetic Association website bda.uk.com is especially useful) and explain how you think this role matches you. Planning a visit to your local dietetic department at your nearest hospital is also a great thing to do and to talk about.
Re: Dietetics/Nutrition
Hey I'm starting Dietetics/Nutrition at Nottingham in September and I'm so excited because I have wanted to do it for sooo long!


I also applied to Surrey and Kings (as well as Leeds Met and Coventry for Insurances) and got in to those but with interviews. My Surrey interview was really laid back and just a chat about me really, nothing really course specific but Kings and Notts were a different story altogether.

I was really tested on a lot of my sciences and knowledge I already had about the areas in Dietetics eg scenarios where you had to talk about what you would suggest for various patients etc. I was really nervous and I SWEAR I mucked up, but Kings said I was in there top 10 and they really liked me, so I say be confident and really read around some areas.

Nottingham was the one I really wanted to go to although I always get doubts about whether I chose the right one between that and Kings, because they are complete contrasts, city life vs country life. I've always lived in Notts and love it, especially my twice weekly nights out atm haha so its great for that, but obviously the campus is quite far out so Im not sure how that will be.
The interview was easier than Kings but you have to fill out a LONGGG questionnaire before you're selected and honestly spend a lot of time on it, be cringey and cliche, big yourself up, be the perfect candidate because at the end of the day, there are so little places and its dietitians that score them and they know who they're looking for.
I can still remember some of the interview questions so I could perhaps inbox them to you nearer the time of your interviews etc?

but my ultimate advice is be yourself and really know your stuff! be the best, and be passionate about it, and get in there early!

sorry for the ESSAYY! but i hope its helped, and I can fill you in on a little bit more about what its like when I start in September!xx

Thank you so much! That has been so helpful!
I e-mailed the admissions tutor at Nottingham just to ask a few questions, and she was really helpful as well, she said that the interview lasts about 15-20 mins, which doesn't sound too bad, but would you recommend really read about different situations with patients and things like that? I might try and get some books out from the library or something, see what I can find

No comments:

Post a Comment